Many men and women start to notice early signs of aging in their late 20s and early 30s, long before they are ready for a facelift. Although there isn’t a perfect age for a facelift, we find that our patients achieve the best results after moderate aging has occurred. When a facelift is performed too soon, there is little lifting needed and minimal excess skin to remove. An early facelift often provides disappointing results. However, it is also possible to wait too long for facial plastic surgery.
What is the best age for a facelift? How do you know when the timing is right? This guide was created to help you determine if you’re ready for a facelift consultation. After reading this blog, if you think it may be time, give us a call, and we’ll schedule your consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Clinton, a top facelift surgeon in Birmingham, AL.
Age Is Only a Number; Aging Is What Really Matters
Aging happens at different rates for different people. Have you ever noticed that some people always look young for their age while others may look decades older than they really are? Age does impact aging, but many other factors play a larger role. Genetics, sun exposure, skin care, health, and smoking all influence how the skin ages.
Age doesn’t matter when deciding if it is time for a facelift, but aging does. Come see Dr. Clinton for your facelift consultation if you have:
- Mid or lower facial sagging
- Deep creases in the lower or middle face
- Shifting fat deposits or hollows
- Jowl development or loss of definition along the jawline
- Excess skin and fat under the chin (double chin)
- Lines from the nose to the corners of the lips (nasolabial folds)
If you have these common signs of aging, it may be time to consider facelift surgery. Come in for your consultation and explore your options. We love meeting with prospective patients and helping them find the right treatments, surgical or non-surgical. Coming in for a consultation does not commit you to surgery. We’re here to share knowledge and help you make an informed choice.
I’m Not Ready for a Facelift, But I Do Want to Rejuvenate
For patients that aren’t facelift ready, we offer many other anti-aging options including:
- Botox®- We love Botox® for treating crow’s feet, forehead creases, and other dynamic wrinkles. Botox® is injected into the skin in a quick 10-minute treatment.
- Dermal Fillers- Shifting fat creates wrinkles and hollows. Dermal fillers can restore lost facial volume. The treatment itself takes less than 30 minutes and often requires no downtime.
- Kybella®- For double chins, non-surgical Kybella® can eliminate unwanted fat. A series of injectable treatments will be needed to achieve optimal results. Downtime is minimal after Kybella®.
- Facial Skin Rejuvenation- We also offer a host of treatments for tightening, smoothing, brightening, and improving the skin.
Whether you’re ready for a facelift or not, Clinton Plastic Surgery can help you feel beautiful and confident in your appearance. Whether you’re 20 or 70, call us at 205-408-9787 to schedule your cosmetic treatments in Birmingham, AL.