Back to school and back to basics. At Clinton Plastic Surgery, we believe that healthy skin is the foundation of beauty. Healthy skin starts with good skin care. As the kids head back to class, come into Clinton Plastic Surgery and learn the ABCs and 123s of healthy, beautiful skin. Our rejuvenating treatments will ensure your best skin all school year long.
Skin Care Treatment ABCs
A few highly focused treatments can dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. Our ABC skin care treatments are all non-surgical options and address a variety of skin concerns. To learn more about these treatments, or any of the other treatments we offer, call our office to schedule a consultation.
A is for Alma Laser
At Clinton Plastic Surgery, we use the Alma Laser for our laser resurfacing treatments. This powerful and versatile laser can be used on the face, hands, and body. Using different devices, we can address many skin concerns. Come explore your treatment options using the Alma Laser and find the right fit for improving your skin.
- Fractional CO2 Laser- This skin treatment is ideal for treating sun damage and wrinkling. A single treatment provides lasting results.
- 540 AFT- The modern version of IPL, the 540 AFT is ideal for redness, blood vessels, and uneven pigmentation. No downtime is required. Patients enjoy beautiful results in 1-3 treatments.
- Q-Switched YAG Pixel- Tighten loose skin with the Q-Switched YAG Pixel. This treatment is practically painless and offers visible results after the first treatment and continued improvement through subsequent procedures. No recovery except for redness, which resolves quickly.
B is for Botox®
Banish wrinkles with Botox®, a non-surgical and no downtime treatment option. With a few quick injections, we can relax the muscles that cause crow’s feet, glabellar lines, and forehead creases. You’ll start to see results in 2-3 days as the muscle relaxes and wrinkles soften in a week or two. These results typically last for 4-6 months, depending on the areas treated.
C is for Cosmetic Dermal Fillers
Facial volume loss is a major contributor to visible aging. As facial volume shifts and disappears, wrinkles develop, and sagging occurs. Dermal fillers bring the volume back. We use primarily hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring compound found in the skin. These cosmetic fillers restore a more youthful and supple skin appearance without surgery. No downtime is necessary, and patients return to regular activities immediately.
The 123s of Beautiful Skin
In-office treatments can improve the look of your skin, but you’ll need to do your part too. Our 123s of skin care are simple tips to keep your skin at its best.
Our #1 Tip for Beautiful Skin: Sunscreen
Daily sunscreen is a must if you want youthful, healthy skin. We recommend using at least SPF 30. Choose a broad-spectrum product to protect from aging, sun damage, and skin cancer. Reapply often if you’re spending time in the sun.
2 Ways to Improve Your Skin: Repair and Prevent
Our skin care treatments are focused on repair and prevention. We realize that you likely have some sun damage and premature aging; we all do. We work on reversing the problems that have occurred while finding ways to slow and prevent future aging. Some steps are simple, like sunscreen. Others will require more effort, a series of in-office treatments perhaps.
3 Types of Skin Treatments: At Home, Non-Surgical, and Surgical
How do we improve your skin? We have a toolkit filled with options for treating your skin concerns. Our treatments are divided into three areas: at home treatments, non-surgical cosmetic treatment in our offices, and surgical cosmetic treatments. Each plays an important role in beautiful skin.
- At-Home- At home treatments typically involve medical grade skin care products, specifically formulated to provide your skin with everything it needs to thrive, and in the right combinations.
- Non-Surgical- Our non-surgical treatments enhance and improve the skin, but results are temporary. These can help to delay surgery or to enhance and maintain results from a surgical treatment.
- Surgical- Our surgical cosmetic treatments, including facelift and brow lift, improve the foundations of your appearance. They offer the longest lasting results and the most dramatic improvement in appearance.
Start the school year off right by reviewing our ABCs and 123s of beautiful skin. Come into our Birmingham, AL office for personalized advice.