New year, new skin. The new year is an opportunity for a fresh start, and this year we encourage you to focus on your skin. Rejuvenating your skin can transform your entire appearance. Our Alma Laser can tighten, brighten, and smooth the skin, providing a full face reset you’ll love for years to come. Call Clinton Plastic Surgery at 205-408-9787 to learn more about your options for laser skin resurfacing in Birmingham, AL.
Alma Laser in Birmingham, AL
We use the Alma Laser at Clinton Plastic Surgery. This powerful laser platform offers versatile treatment options including fractional laser treatments and non-ablative skin tightening. We have chosen the Alma Laser for its effective results, tested safety record, and versatility.
The Alma Laser can be used in a variety of applications to treat common skin concerns. Learn more about a few common uses for this laser device below.
- Fractional CO2- Fractional lasers treat a fraction of the skin, leaving healthy skin cells intact to speed healing and reduce downtime. The Alma Laser can be used as a fractional CO2 laser to treat sun damage, aging skin, and wrinkling. Only one treatment is needed, with downtime of 5-7 days. Early results begin to appear after a week, with full results in 4-6 weeks. This treatment smooths wrinkles, thickens the skin, and addresses pigmentation changes from sun damage.
- 540/AFT- Our 540/AFT treatment is a modern-day alternative to IPL. We use this treatment to treat redness, blood vessels, and pigmentation problems. IPL treatments require no downtime and patients can return to work the very next day. Pigmentation spots will temporarily darken, a side effect that resolves within two weeks of treatment. Plan on 1-3 treatments to achieve optimal results.
- Q-Switched YAG Pixel- For skin tightening, we use the Q-Switched YAG Pixel from Alma Laser. This treatment is relatively pain-free and can tighten and smooth the skin, starting with your very first treatment. The primary side effect during recovery is pinkness in the treatment area, which typically resolves in just a few days. No downtime is required.
As you can see, the Alma Laser is effective, versatile, and ideal for most skin concerns. Many patients use this treatment to delay more invasive procedures like facelift or brow lift surgery. Come in for a consultation, and we’ll show you how the Alma Laser can benefit you. We’ll also provide treatment recommendations, so you can select the options that will best improve your skin. Call today and schedule your consultation at Clinton Plastic Surgery.
After a Laser Treatment- Proper Skin Care for Long-Lasting Results
Laser treatments with the Alma Laser offer long-lasting results. The longevity of your results will depend on many factors, but one of the most important is maintenance. Proper skin care and sun protection will help your results to last longer. We’ll provide detailed post-procedural care instructions. Get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
- Use Sun Protection- If you’re using the Alma Laser to treat sun damage, it is time to adjust your sun habits. Problems will reoccur if you continue to expose your skin to the sun. Try to reduce sun exposure when possible. Sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat can help protect your skin when sun exposure is necessary.
- Follow Recovery Instructions- We’ll provide detailed recovery instructions after your laser resurfacing treatment. Follow these instructions carefully. Post-procedural care ensures that the skin heals properly.
- Be Patient- It takes time to see full results from your cosmetic laser treatments. If you’re not delighted by your results immediately after treatment, give your skin a few additional weeks. Most patients love their results within 4-6 weeks of treatment.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Alma Laser, call Clinton Plastic Surgery. During your consultation, our trained staff will discuss options with you and answer any questions. Refresh your appearance with a skin reset using the Alma Laser.