A better body begins with a liposuction consultation. This is the first step toward plastic surgery and an important explorational experience. Schedule your one-on-one visit with Dr. Clinton by calling our Birmingham, AL plastic surgery office at 205-408-9787.
A consultation isn’t a commitment for surgery. It’s an investigative step where patients can learn about the procedure and decide if they want to proceed. We’ll educate and inform, but never pressure. The plastic surgery decision is always up to you. If you’re considering liposuction in Birmingham, AL, come in for a consultation and explore with us. No commitments, just information.
Ask These Questions at Your Liposuction Consultation
Our consultations are education driven. As any great teacher will tell you, questions are essential for effective learning. Grab a paper and start your list of potential questions for your liposuction consultation right now. We’re sharing a few ideas below, but we encourage you to come up with questions of your own too. What do you want to know about liposuction? What are your worries and concerns? Dr. Clinton is a highly experienced plastic surgeon and rarely encounters a liposuction question that he can’t answer.
Feel free to bring your question list to your appointment. We know it can be difficult to remember things during the excitement of a consultation. A list can spark your memory for a more informative and productive appointment.
- Are You a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon? – Board-certification demonstrates a doctor’s skill, experience, and qualifications in a specific medical field. For cosmetic procedures, always work with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Clinton has been board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1994.
- Were You Specifically Trained in Plastic Surgery? – You don’t have to be a plastic surgeon to offer plastic surgery. Any doctor can provide aesthetic services. Choose a doctor with specific plastic surgery training. Dr. Clinton is a core-trained plastic surgeon. He received his plastic surgery training at Duke University after completing medical school and general surgery training.
- How Many Years of Plastic Surgery Experience Do You Have? Experience matters for the best liposuction results. Dr. Clinton has been in practice for more than 30 years.
- Where Do You Perform Liposuction Surgery? Is Your Operating Facility Accredited? – All surgical procedures, including liposuction, are performed on-site at Clinton Plastic Surgery, in our state-of-the-art, AAAASF accredited operating facility. This accreditation provides a solid foundation for a safe surgical experience. Additionally, our nurses are Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) trained. If your surgeon isn’t using an accredited operating facility, they are not in good standing with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and are likely a poor choice for your liposuction procedure.
- How Many Liposuction Procedures Do You Perform Each Year? – Choose a surgeon that performs liposuction regularly. Body contouring is one of the most requested procedures at Clinton Plastic Surgery.
- Do You Recommend Any Other Surgical Procedures to Complement My Results? – Discover your perfect pairing. Fat grafting is a procedure that cannot be performed without liposuction. This procedure uses the fat we remove to add shape and volume to other areas of the body.
- What Can I Expect from Recovery? How Much Time Should I Take Off Work? – Preparation is key to a good recovery experience. Talk with your doctor about recovery requirements and expected downtime so you can prepare in advance. On average, a liposuction patient will need only a few days off from work. Tenderness, swelling, and bruising are common side effects of this procedure. Most patients can easily manage discomfort with over-the-counter pain medications.
- When Will I See Results? When Will I Be Bikini Ready After Liposuction? – Results from liposuction are instantaneous and progressive. You’ll see an immediate improvement in your contours that will refine as swelling subsides. Full results are usually apparent within 6 months, but most patients are swimsuit ready in as little as 2-3 months after liposuction.
- Why Should I Choose Clinton Plastic Surgery for My Liposuction? – We know that there are many liposuction providers in Birmingham and are honored that you’re considering Clinton Plastic Surgery. Our practice was built on the belief that we reveal inner beauty, not create it. We combine artistry with state-of-the-art surgical equipment and some of the friendliest staff around. Our liposuction results are natural-looking and the service you’ll receive is unparalleled.
Schedule your liposuction consultation with Dr. Clinton today.