Were there too many turkey necks at your Thanksgiving table? Unfortunately, sagging and drooping are a common part of getting older. Many men and women develop the dreaded turkey neck, a festive term describing loose skin and fat under the chin. If you have excess fat under the chin, ask us about Kybella®. This minimally invasive procedure can remove unwanted fat, permanently eliminating turkey necks and double chins. Don’t let your turkey neck ruin another holiday. Call us today!
What Is Kybella®?
Treat a double chin without surgery. Kybella® is a non-surgical, minimally invasive solution for submental fullness, also known as fat under the chin. Kybella® uses injectable deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring acid that aids in the breakdown of dietary fat, to destroy fat cells so your body can remove them. Kybella® is FDA-approved.
We love Kybella®. Here’s why:
- No Incisions– Kybella® is an injectable treatment. No incisions or stitches are needed.
- No Surgery- Avoid the risks and downtime of surgery. Kybella® is a non-surgical, injectable treatment.
- Minimal Discomfort– The needle we use is very small, minimizing your discomfort during treatment. We also use an ice pack or local anesthetic as needed. Any post-treatment pain can be controlled with non-prescription medication.
- Short, In-Office Treatment– Start to finish, Kybella® treatments take less than 30 minutes.
- No Missed Work- You can return to work and other activities as soon as you’re comfortable. You won’t be required to miss any work, although some patients choose to take a few days off due to swelling.
- Permanent Results– Since fat cells do not typically regenerate in adults, Kybella® results are long lasting and likely permanent.
- Safe and Effective– Kybella® is a safe and effective solution for treating unwanted fat under the chin.
Our patients love the results they enjoy with Kybella®. Improve your profile with less downtime and without surgery.
I Have Questions About Kybella®
If you’re thinking about Kybella®, call our offices and schedule a consultation with Dr. Clinton. During your examination and consultation, he’ll help you determine if you’re a good candidate for this procedure or if a different rejuvenating treatment is needed. Kybella® can be performed on its own or paired with other procedures, including neck liposuction or a neck lift. He’ll also happily answer any questions you may have about the procedure. Give us a call to schedule your consultation. Until then, keep reading to discover answers to top questions about Kybella®.
- How Many Treatments Will I Need to See Results? – You’ll see changes after each Kybella® treatment. Many patients only need 2-3 treatments. Some patients will require up to 6 treatments to achieve optimal results.
- Is Kybella® Painful? – The Kybella® treatment offers effective results with minimal discomfort. We can use ice and local anesthetic to keep you comfortable during treatment. Non-prescription painkillers are effective for any post-treatment discomfort.
- Will Kybella® Treat My Turkey Neck? – Kybella® treats excess fat under the chin. If you have loose skin, Kybella® may not be the best treatment option. We can make personalized treatment recommendations after an examination.
- How Long Do Kybella® Results Last? – Once you achieve your optimal results with Kybella®, retreatment is not expected. Many patients will enjoy permanent results.
- What Can I Expect During Recovery After Kybella®? – Downtime is not required after Kybella®. You may experience some bruising, tenderness, or swelling in the treatment area. Call us if you have any questions or if you experience anything unexpected. Return to work and other activities as soon as you’re comfortable.
- When Will I See My Results After Treatment? – Kybella® results typically appear about 6 weeks after treatment. If you’re happy with the changes, no future treatments are needed. If you want to further enhance your results, we can perform another treatment at that time.
- Is Kybella® Safe? – Safety is a priority here at Clinton Plastic Surgery. Kybella® is FDA approved and has an excellent safety record. We’ve performed many treatments with excellent results and few complications.
- Is Kybella® the Only Option for Treating Fat Under the Chin? – Kybella® is an excellent option for treating submental fullness, but it isn’t the only option. We also offer liposuction and facelift/necklift Schedule your consultation to discover the best option for you.
Turkey time is over. Why do you still have a turkey neck? Come see us to learn about Kybella® and next Thanksgiving, you’ll be thankful for a better profile and less fat under the chin. With Kybella®, you can treat your turkey neck or double chin without surgery or downtime. Call our offices to schedule your consultation today.