Cupid’s got his bow pointed at you. Are your lips ready for true love’s kiss? Let’s get you pucker-perfect for Valentine’s Day at Clinton Plastic Surgery. A dermal filler treatment is our love spell for full and luscious lips, minus the wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers for Lip Augmentation
Dermal fillers are incredibly effective for smoothing and adding volume to the lips. No surgery and no implants needed.
Our favorite fillers for lip augmentation include:
- Juvéderm®- This versatile filler is a top pick for facial wrinkles and an effective choice for lip augmentation. Results last 6-12 months, depending on the patient.
- Radiesse®- Patients with downturned lips can turn their frown upside down with Radiesse®. This long-lasting filler provides results for up to a year. It is especially effective in treating downturned lips and deep wrinkles and folds.
- Restylane® Silk- Restylane® Silk is a specially formulated hyaluronic acid filler designed for the lip area. Its small particle size makes it ideal for filling in those fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and on the lips. Results typically last four to six months, but with a second treatment can last a year or longer.
Fillers are an ideal choice for lip augmentation because of their longevity and easy application. With one 15-30 minute treatment you can enjoy results for several months or longer. Dermal fillers require no downtime and are an effective non-surgical solution for lip augmentation.
Dermal Fillers for Smoker’s Lines
Lines and creases around the lips can leave you looking much older than you’d like. Dermal fillers don’t just plump the lips, they can also smooth lines and wrinkles, including smoker’s lines.
Smoker’s lines are small vertical lines that extend from the nose to the lip. These lines can cause lipstick bleeding. Other names for smoker’s lines include barcode lines and lipstick lines. While these lines are most common and pronounced in smokers, others can develop them too, including those that have never touched a cigarette.
Treating smoker’s lines with dermal fillers is effective and convenient. We use a combination of fillers, depending on the depth and severity of your lines. Commonly used fillers include Juvéderm®, Restylane®, and Radiesse®. Dr. Clinton may also recommend Botox® to relax the muscles that cause these lines for some patients.
Results are temporary but long-lasting for most patients. Many will enjoy a smoother lip appearance for 6-12 months with treatment.
How Early Should I Schedule My Lip Enhancement for Kissable Lips on Valentine’s Day?
Love is in the air and before you know it, Valentine’s Day will be here. We are delighted that our injectable treatments can get you ready for love without you having to miss out on any activities.
- No downtime. Patients return to work immediately.
- Few recovery symptoms. Redness and swelling are common but usually fade in a few days.
- Immediate results. You’ll see your new look immediately, but it will continue to improve as swelling fades.
We recommend scheduling your treatments as soon as possible for results by Valentine’s Day. Although results appear quickly, having a few weeks available for healing ensures that redness and swelling are fully resolved. Since results last for several months, if you receive fillers now, your results will still be going strong by February 14th.
Whether you’re in a relationship or still looking for your special someone, this Valentine’s Day we want you to fall in love with your lips. Call Clinton Plastic Surgery to learn more about lip enhancement with dermal fillers. Contact our Birmingham, AL plastic surgery practice at (205) 408-9787.