Get your body ready for summer with liposuction. Come in this spring for liposuction and enjoy sexier curves this summer and beyond. Liposuction results can last for years with the right maintenance. Learn what you need to know to maintain and enhance your liposuction results with this helpful guide from Dr. Clinton, a top plastic surgeon in Birmingham, AL.
Getting Started- How to Get the Best Results from Your Liposuction
Before you can maintain your liposuction results, you need to create them. Get results you’ll want to maintain with these helpful tips:
- Choose an Experienced Plastic Surgeon– Many doctors offer liposuction, but for the best results, choose a plastic surgeon with experience performing liposuction and body contouring. An inexperienced liposuction provider may remove too much fat or remove fat unevenly resulting in contour irregularities and other problems. Choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Clinton is an investment, but it is one that will pay off in years of beautiful results.
- Achieve Your Ideal– Liposuction works best on patients that are close to their ideal weight. If you need to drop a few pounds, lose the weight first and then come see us. It is important to get to a stable, consistent weight before liposuction.
- Decide If Traditional Liposuction Is the Best Fit– Is traditional liposuction the best fit for your body contouring goals? This type of liposuction only removes fat and does not tighten skin. Choose traditional liposuction if you have localized fat pockets and taut, elastic skin. If your skin quality has declined and is no longer elastic, a different procedure may be needed, like SlimLipo.
- Choose SlimLipo for Skin Tightening– For those who have concerns about skin laxity, SlimLipo offers the perfect solution. This liposuction procedure combines the best of both worlds: fat removal and skin tightening. SlimLipo is a laser liposuction procedure that uses advanced wavelength technology to effectively liquefy fat while tightening skin at the same time. And because SlimLipo is less invasive than traditional liposuction, patients can expect to have a shorter recovery period.
After Liposuction- How Long Until I See Results?
You’ll see changes in your body shape immediately after liposuction. These results will continue to improve as swelling decreases. Most patients take a few days off from work with an office-type job, longer for jobs that require physical labor. Much of the swelling from liposuction will be gone in a few weeks, but you may have some slight, residual swelling that persists for several months. Be patient. It can take time to see your full liposuction results, but they are worth the wait.
Maintaining Your Liposuction Results- Our Tips for Success
With proper care your liposuction results can last for years. Many patients enjoy a lifelong improvement in the appearance of the treated area. If you want your results to last, these tips are essential.
- Take Care of Your Body– You’ve heard this advice time and time again, for a healthy body, eat right and exercise often. We recommended filling your plate with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Whole grains and lean proteins are important too. Make sure you’re getting enough calories each day, but not too many. Fitness and activity round out a healthy lifestyle. Hit the gym, ride your bike to work, or go on a hike.
- Avoid the Ups and Downs– Yo-yo diets are bad news for your health and your body after liposuction. Large weight changes, up or down, can stretch out/loosen skin, cause fat deposits to develop, and change your body contours. Stick to a stable, consistent weight and avoid big changes if you can. Of course, little fluctuations, usually a pound or two, are normal and won’t affect your liposuction results.
- Follow Your Recovery Instructions– We’ll provide you with detailed recovery instructions after liposuction. Follow these carefully to ensure the best results. The compression garments we provide are especially important. You’ll wear them full-time for a month and half-time for two additional weeks. This helps the skin to properly adhere to the treated areas. It also reduces swelling and decreases scarring. Use your compression garments as directed and follow all other recovery instructions for the best long-term liposuction results.
Enhancing Your Liposuction Results
Dr. Clinton is a skilled and experienced liposuction surgeon, well-known for his natural-looking results. He’ll remove fat and shape your body through liposuction. Many of the changes you’ll experience will happen in the operating room, but there are some things you can do at home to enhance your results.
- Get Fit- Liposuction removes fat but doesn’t build muscle. You’ll need to do that at the gym. Toning your muscles can enhance your results after liposuction. Work hard and create a six pack or beautifully toned arms. Because you’ll have less fat in the treated area, once you develop these muscles, they will be easily visible.
- Consider a Complementary Procedure– What’s better than liposuction alone? Liposuction with a complementary procedure. For a flatter tummy, consider the powerful duo of liposuction + tummy tuck. For a better bikini body, consider pairing your liposuction with breast augmentation. To combat your post-pregnancy body, opt for a mommy makeover that includes liposuction. We’ll recommend procedures that fit with your goals during your consultation.
Maintaining and enhancing your liposuction results will ensure that you’re happy with your new look for years to come. Call us today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Clinton. Enjoy a better body this summer, and with the right maintenance, for many summers to come.