Escape from the cold, dreary winter weather by setting your sights on summer. Dream of lounging poolside and flaunting your sexy new curves. If you want breast augmentation in time for summer, winter is one of the best times to get started. Come in now and you’ll be fully recovered and ready to show off your new look in a teeny bikini come summer.
Why Winter is Prime Time for Breast Augmentation
It’s far too cold to wear a bikini now, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be thinking about them. Winter is the time to get your summer body ready. Although we perform breast augmentation all year round with exceptional results, winter is one of our favorite times to perform the procedure. Here’s why:
- Plenty of Time to Recover– Rushing recovery leads to plastic surgery complications. After surgery, you need to take it easy and give your body time to heal. When you get a breast augmentation in the winter, you won’t have to worry about being healed in time for the first pool party of the season. You’ll be ready to go, and your breasts will be too.
- Easy to Cover Bandaging– Hide the changes and the bandaging from your surgery until you’re ready to show off the final product. Winter sweaters and layers make it easy to cover up signs of surgery until you’re fully recovered.
- Recovery from Surgery with Time to Exercise– Hitting the gym is a pre-summer essential, but if you’ve had recent plastic surgery, exercise may need to wait. When you get breast augmentation in the winter, you’ll be recovered and ready to return to the gym come spring. This gives you time to work on those abs, the perfect complement to your new breasts.
- Time for Sizes to Adjust- After breast augmentation your breast size will change several times as your body heals and as your implants settle into place. Getting surgery in the winter makes it easier to shop for swimsuits come summer. By then, your breasts should be at a more stable size and ready for you to invest in swimsuits, lingerie, and new clothing.
- Stay Out of the Sun- You’ll need to stay out of the sun for a few weeks after surgery. The skin is more prone to burning right after surgery. Once you’re healed, protect your scars and incisions from the sun until they’ve fully matured and faded, a process that can take a few months. New scars can permanently darken if they are exposed to too much sun.
Come in for breast surgery this winter at Clinton Plastic Surgery. Call today to schedule your consultation.
How Long Does It Take to Recover from Breast Augmentation?
Wondering if you’ll be bikini ready by summer? Breast augmentation recovery happens in stages. Here are some general guidelines to help you determine when you’ll be ready to participate in activities again after breast surgery.
- Take It Easy for 1-2 Weeks- Most women take 1-2 weeks off from work after breast augmentation. You’ll slowly return to your regular activities, feeling better each day than you did the day before. Avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activities during this time. We’ll help you figure out how many days you should take off from work based on your job, activity levels, type of surgery, etc. Most women can resume many of their daily activities after just a few days.
- Exercise– You’ll need to resume exercise slowly after breast augmentation to avoid complications and injuries while you heal. Most women can resume gentle walking in a few days. Minimizing breast bouncing is important for the first 4-6 weeks, while the body forms a capsule around the implant. Talk with us about your favorite forms of exercise, and we’ll help you determine the appropriate timing for resuming these activities. Most women can resume full activity within 6 weeks of surgery.
- Settling Implants– Although you’ll be fully recovered and back to regular activities in just 6 weeks, it can take additional time for the implants to soften and settle into their final position. Before the implants settle, the breasts look high and unnatural. With surgery this winter, your breast implants should have a more natural looking placement by summer.
- Scarring– Scars take time to fully heal and fade. Once you’re fully recovered from your surgery and your scars have matured, your breast augmentation incisions should be barely noticeable. Before then, they may be easier to spot, although incisions are carefully placed to minimize visibility. Keep the incisions out of the sun until they are no longer pink.
Jump start your summer body with breast augmentation this winter. Come in soon and you’ll be fully recovered in time for this summer’s pool parties, BBQs, and beach trips.