You’ve hated your breasts since they first developed, and now is the time to act. By getting breast augmentation in your 20s, you can enjoy a lifetime of better breasts. Why wait? Call today and schedule your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Clinton.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgical procedure that places an implant into the breast. This adds volume and enhances the breast’s shape. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in the U.S. Results are long lasting and can be maintained for a lifetime with occasional implant replacement.
5 Things to Know About Breast Augmentation in Your 20s
If you’re in your 20s and are thinking about breast augmentation, come see us. We can provide personalized advice to help you make an informed decision about your procedure. Here are five things every woman should know about breast augmentation in the 20s.
• You’ll Likely Need an Implant Replacement- Implants are long lasting, but they do occasionally leak or rupture. If you’re getting breast augmentation in your 20s, plan on at least one future surgery to remove or replace your implants. Many women enjoy their implants for decades without problem, but complications like capsular contracture, a desire to change breast size, or an implant leak may require an implant replacement at some point in the future.
• Implant Choices May Be Limited- If you’re in your early 20s, you may be limited in your options for breast augmentation. Saline implants (silicone shell filled with sterile saline) are available to women that are 18 or older, but silicone implants are only FDA approved for women 22 and up. If your heart is set on silicone, you’ll need to wait until you’re at least 22 for surgery. We can achieve stunning results with both types of implants.
• You Can Likely Breastfeed in the Future- Many women in their 20s haven’t yet had children and wonder how implants impact breastfeeding. Many women can and do breastfeed with implants. If you’d like to someday breastfeed, let us know. Some incision types and implant placement options can improve your chances of future breastfeeding success.
• Pregnancy May Change Your Breasts- You’re going to love how you look after breast augmentation, but remember, pregnancy can change your breasts. If you experience some sagging after pregnancy, come see us. A breast lift can help to restore your breasts to a more youthful position and can be performed on women with implants.
• Don’t Smoke- If you smoke, stop before surgery. Smoking can slow the body’s ability to heal. Stop smoking now and make a healthy choice you’ll benefit from for the rest of your life.
If you want breast augmentation now, don’t wait. The 20s are excellent time for breast augmentation. You’re young, healthy, and heal quickly. Call today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Clinton.