- Body Contouring
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast LIFT AUGMENTATION
- Breast ReCONSTRUCTION
- BREAST REDUCTION
- Brown Spot Removal
- Fractionated Skin Resurfacing
- Ear Surgery
- Brow/Forehead Lift
- Eyelid Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Lipoplasty
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- OBAGI Skin Care
- Redness Removal
- Tummy Tuck
- Wrinkle Reduction
Reconstruction plastic surgery after a mastectomy is a plastic surgery procedure that creates a new, natural looking breast to to replace one that has been removed to treat or prevent breast cancer. Patients who have undergone prior reconstruction and are dissatisfied with the outcome may be candidates for alternative techniques. Breast reconstruction plastic surgery includes restoring the breast mound with the natural look and projection of a nipple and creating the symmetry with the opposite breast when needed.
- Reconstruction plastic surgery may begin at the time of your mastectomy, or may be delayed until Dr. Michael Clinton and your oncologist agree that the timing is right for you.
- Reconstruction plastic surgery may be through the use of your own skin, tissue, fat and muscles. Our plastic surgeons may also employ the use of a tissue expander and breast implant or a combination of both.
- Specialized techniques and the use of tissue substitutes of fat grafting may be recommended to refine your cosmetic surgery outcomes.
- If only one breast is reconstructed, Dr. Michael Clinton may recommend a breast augmentation, breast lift or reduction to achieve symmetry between your natural breast area and the breast being constructed.
- Reconstruction plastic surgery of your nipple and areola are performed after your procedure. Minor outpatient procedures, tissue grafts, injections and tattooing techniques may be combined to restore a natural size, shape, project and color of the nipple and areola.
Breast reconstruction plastic surgery is an in-patient procedure under general anesthesia. One or more night in the hospital will be recommended depending on the timing of your mastectomy and reconstruction, the technique of your reconstruction and your overall health.
Recovery from breast reconstruction depends on the techniques used. You can generally return to normal daily activities within 7-10 days and your regular routine within 4 weeks. Results can be long-term, but weight loss/gain, implant changes, or natural aging may alter your appearance.
Call 205-408-9787 for free up to date, accurate fee quotes.
To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 205-408-9787 or view our Contact Page for complete information.